Monday, August 3, 2009

I Don't Know You, But I Love You...

Pregnancy, what pregnancy? You could hardly even tell by the way I've been blogging that I've been pregnant at all. I suppose life is simply too busy, what with the three boys, all of whom are transitioning into the next phases of their lives...Ethan into middle school, Graeme into kindergarten, and Xavier (just today) out of the baby room and into the "bigger" kids' room.

Well, it's not for lack of obsession or love for this latest Grussing to come, that's for sure! Yesterday marked 36 weeks of gestation, which means that the baby now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He/she is supposed to gain about an ounce a day at this point so that's another 2 pounds of baby "meat" he/she will have to gain til his/her birthday. The last time I saw my doctor, she said she thought this baby would be an 8-pounder, but we'll see if we actually make it to the due date this time.

Next week, the baby will be considered full-term, which also means they won't stop me if I go into labour. The Braxton Hicks contractions are definitely back and more frequent; the body is definitely getting ready. The last two weekends have been an exercise in finding energy, too. I can't fall asleep at night, wake up early, then find myself needing morning naps. Hahahaha!

We've been trying to get the house ready too. We are moving Ethan into the office and the two younger boys will start to share their own room to make space for the baby (don't know how Xavier or I am going to take him being so far away, but we'll just have to see I suppose). We are looking at minivans and just waiting for the best deal to come along. Only thing left now is to pack my hospital bag and that'll be it. Everything else will be easy after that, right? :)

In some ways, I am scared for the craziness that will ensue once there are four children in the house. But in more ways, I'm really excited to meet this newest little Grussing, to hold him and fall in love with him in person. I'm ready...

p.s. If this next child is a boy, I'm starting a petition to get my own bathroom. I hope you guys will sign it too. So far, there's only one supporter and signature for said petition and it's definitely going to be an uphill battle, from the looks of it. I wonder how much those Port-O-Potties cost???

1 comment:

Lora said...

Marissa, I will be proud to sign your petition! I only have one boy (plus one 'bigger' boy) and I'm already dreading the, um, bathroom situation. You + potentially 5 boys means that you deserve your own master suite, my darling!!