Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10 Days Until Due Date...

Just like before, I really am in no rush for this baby to get here, but if my track record proves to be any indication, this baby will make his/her entrance any day starting today (Ethan and Xavier were both 10 days early and Graeme was 5 days early). I don't think it's going to happen today, my body just doesn't feel ready to go yet, but then you don't really get so much advance warning every time, do you? *smiles*

I'm trying to will this child to not show up until next week, when I hope we'll be a little more ready - there is simply WAY too much to do and we haven't even packed our hospital bag yet! Plus, there are more naps I want to take - hahahaha! Okay, that, and I just love being pregnant. :)

We finally moved Ethan out of his room and into the old office, but he is slumming it and sleeping on the floor right now. We've still got to get the bed situation squared away - there are just too many options to choose from! It's funny to walk into his room in the morning and find him all balled up on the floor, looking like a lost little urchin. I'll have to try to photograph him for posterity's sake. He is enjoying having a room to himself once again, though, and I, for one, am VERY jealous!

The start of school is right around the corner and that's definitely going to be one crazy week, with a new baby coming and with two new schools to attend orientations at. It's so surreal (still!) for me to be bringing Graeme into kindergarten when I can still remember dropping Ethan off for his first day of kindergarten. And here Ethan is starting middle school... Wow, how can six years fly so quickly?! Just a reminder to treasure every moment, I suppose. Yes, even the crazy ones...

Here are some recent photos of the family for your viewing pleasure (or displeasure) while you are awaiting my next post. That will likely come after the latest Grussing spawn decides to join us, but we will likely be on Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and other internet devices while in the hospital so look out... Hahahaha!

Ethan at the piano (I'll post an actual video once I get Rodney's help downsizing the 90MB video I took of Ethan playing for about a minute - hahahahaha!)


The Grussing men lounging on the couch...

Mommy and Xavier modeling what a 37-week belly (aka, the Shelf) looks like (um, try not to notice the thighs or the bundonkadonk on this one!)...

No comments: