Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Camera

I've always been fascinated with photography and I've daydreamed of getting a good SLR camera for a while now. Well, my daydream's finally come true in the shape of a Nikon D5000 and I am starting to learn to use it, with Rodney's help. I'm reading the manuals about the wonderfully dorky things like f-stops and shutter speed, learning about the lenses, and finding out about how to actually take great photos. I haven't mastered any of this just yet but look forward to the months and years ahead of honing the craft. *sigh of contentment*

Today, I took the two older boys, Ethan and Graeme, to the park to test out the different shooting modes to see if I could understand what they all were. Ethan was a great sport with modeling for me; Graeme not so much (he was simply too busy playing to be bothered to pose today). Well, I wasn't so much successful at figuring all the ins and outs of the camera just yet, but I did manage to take some really good photos of the boys that I want to post since I'm always so late at posting photos...

This first one is actually of Xavier (pre-trip to the park photo :), inside the house this morning when everyone was still running around in their jammies. The rest are from the park.








No comments: